Find a roofer in Ferrisburgh, Vermont
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other factors involved. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this can really stall the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and do a fantastic job of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more pricier products. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can always purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to come up with an exact amount on how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are several factors that will determine the total cost. Typically, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the materials used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Ferrisburgh, VT
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in Ferrisburgh, VT. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing repair contractor you’re interested in, get a quote, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our app also puts together a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our network of vetted roofing professionals.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Aside from leakage or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a smart choice.
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can warp or bend over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you an easy way to find the right professionals for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined through our app.