Find a roofer in Fairfield, Vermont
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in Fairfield, VT. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this can really stall the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor will be able to approximate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and do a great job of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential properties and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. If the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to pinpoint exactly how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are several factors that will influence the total cost. Mostly, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the products being used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Fairfield, VT
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you hire roofing maintenance contractors in Fairfield, VT. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance contractor want to hire, book a service appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? Aside from having leaks or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good choice.
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you know your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to serious issues. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see that a few of them are discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Find a company that can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined process. When you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.