Find a roofer in East Saint Johnsbury, Vermont
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The typical roof for a residential property is around 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into account is the weather forecast in East Saint Johnsbury, Vermont. Poor weather will make working conditions terrible and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement specialist will be able to estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
However, asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can also buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If your roof is around this age, it’s a good choice to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to cost you since there are several factors that will determine the overall cost. Mostly, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the materials being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near East Saint Johnsbury, VermontHome // Vermont // East Saint Johnsbury
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in East Saint Johnsbury, Vermont
You can depend on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in East Saint Johnsbury, Vermont. Our streamlined app gives you all the convenience you need, so you can look through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We help with the vetting process by giving you useful information to ratings, pricing information, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor on the app and hire the right professional for your project.
Our app also puts together a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our database of licensed roofing professionals.
Are you looking for roofing repair and roofing replacement services? With the exception of having leaks or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause worse issues. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see that a few of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
It's unnecessary to put up with a dilapidated roof when there are so many licensed contractors available to assist. With our easy-to-use app, you can find the finest roofing repair and roofing replacement services in East Saint Johnsbury, Vermont. Find the right contractor for your house now.