Find a roofer in East Haven, Vermont
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What's the timeframe to replace a roof?
The time that is needed for a roofer to do a replacement is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to consider. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in East Haven, VT. Poor weather will put a halt on work and this is going to delay the project. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofer is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofer can come up with the hours for the job.
What is a good time for scheduling a roof inspection?
Many roofers advise getting biannual roof inspections since routine inspections have been proven to make your roof last longer. Another thing to consider is, by not having a roofing evaluation done, any warranty you have could be waived.
How much will a roofing contractor charge for replacement?
It’s difficult to pinpoint exactly how much a replacement is going to come out to since there are several things that will influence the overall cost. Generally, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the materials used. The price of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof.
What should I budget to fix my roof?
In relation to the condition of your roof, you're either looking at minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to take care of minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of what to do or you’re worried about keeping safe, then you should leave those minor fixes to the professionals.
Major repairs call for specialized knowledge and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to range from $1,500 to $7,000.
Roofing Maintenance Services in East Haven, VT
If you need to hire a roofing maintenance company in East Haven, VT, then our platform is the answer. The roofing professionals you'll discover on our site have the knowledge and experience you’re searching for. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is provided and that you get total satisfaction on your roof replacement.
Our app also puts together a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our database of qualified roofing companies.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to call in a roofing maintenance company, but listed below are some other things to take into account:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can lead to worse problems. Quality roofing repairs will remediate the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and prevent water. Contact a roofing maintenance company to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by an expert. Routine inspections will also help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a convenient option to hire the best companies to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined through our platform.