Find a roofer in East Dover, Vermont
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other things to consider. The typical roof for a residence is about 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in East Dover, VT. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this is going to stall the job. If bad weather is expected to take place during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor will be able to estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to come out to because there are a few things that will establish the overall cost. Usually, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products used. The cost of your roof replacement will be factored by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Roofing Maintenance Services near East Dover, VT
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in East Dover, VT. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing repair company you’re interested in, get a quote, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our platform also collects useful data to help you before you start browsing through our database of qualified roofing companies.
Are you looking for roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Apart from having leaks or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart choice.
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you know your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a serious problem and needs to be attended to. A roofing repair company can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. A roofer can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a roofer. Routine repair services will help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
No one should deal with a run-down roof when there are so many licensed contractors available to assist. With our powerful app, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement services in East Dover, VT. Get the premium roofing services you need for your house today.