Find a roofer in Burlington, Vermont
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is the normal price for roof replacement services from a roofer?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are a few things that will determine the total cost. Usually, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
What costs are related to repairing a roof?
Concerning the condition of your roof, you're either looking at minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to take care of minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re concerned about your safety, then you should leave those minor fixes to the professionals.
Major repairs call for specialized knowledge and they do cost more. You can anticipate your major roof repairs being in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
How much is the rate for most roofing specialists per square foot?
Services for your roof can approximately $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the roofing products being used and the labor. Of course, the cost per square foot will differ depending on what materials are being used for your project.
How long does it typically take for a roofing contractor to build a new roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to think about. The average roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather report in your area. Storms will put a damper on work and this is going to delay the project. If a storm is expected to take place during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofer will be able to estimate the hours for the project.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Burlington, VT
If you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Burlington, VT, there's a convenient way to go about it. The roofing experts you'll discover on our site have the qualifications you’re looking for. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is implemented and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required so that their property remains in good condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Are you looking for roofing repair and roofing replacement services? With the exception of having leaks or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and needs immediate attention. An established roof repair contractor can fix the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water penetration. A roofer can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a hassle-free way to hire the right contractors to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is streamlined through our app.