Find a roofer in Burlington, Vermont
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things involved. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential spaces and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to know exactly how much a roof replacement is going to cost you since there are several things that will influence the overall cost. Generally, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials used. The cost of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Burlington, Vermont
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Burlington, Vermont. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance company you’re interested in, book a service appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required so that their property remains in good condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you stay on top of any damage before it gets worse and allows you to extend the life of your roof. How can you tell when you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may realize there are certain signs of wear including:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and requires attention at once. An established roof repair company can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to let snow and rain stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
Find a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.