Find a roofer in Ascutney, Vermont
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other things to consider. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in Ascutney, VT. Poor weather will make working conditions terrible and this will push out the timeline. If bad weather is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential homes and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are a few things that will influence the total cost. Usually, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products being used. The price of your new roof will be factored by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Ascutney, VT
You can look to Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Ascutney, VT. Our streamlined site gives you all the convenience you need, so you can look through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the hiring process by giving you access to ratings, pricing information, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the right professional for the job.
Our site also puts together a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our network of vetted roofing contractors.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but here are some other aspects to take into account:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a serious problem and requires attention immediately. An established roof repair contractor can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a roofer. Routine repair services will help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Hire a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined process. When you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.