Find a roofer in Willis, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
When should I get a roof inspection?
Most roofing contractors suggest twice-yearly roof inspections since regular inspections are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to think about is, by not getting a roofing evaluation done, any warranty you have could be waived.
What should I expect to pay a roofing contractor for a roof replacement?
It’s hard to come up with a precise amount on how much a replacement is going to come out to since there are a few things that will influence the total cost. Mostly, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials used. The price of your roof replacement will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
What is the expected cost for roof maintenance services?
When it comes to the condition of your roof, you're either looking at minor maintenance or major repair. A little bit of maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to take care of minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re worried about keeping safe, then you should reach out to a professional.
Any repairs that are major call for experience and they do cost more. You can anticipate your major roof repairs being in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
What is a good season for roofing work?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year for any type of roofing service. But because it is a good time for roofing services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a professional. This means that winter could be a better time for services.
Many roofing companies have more down time during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of severe weather. And summer is similar to winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with the heat.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and partially uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Willis, Virginia
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Willis, Virginia. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing repair contractor you’re interested in, get an estimate, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on at any time during the year. For a safe home with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and allows you to extend the lifespan of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get a professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain signs of wear such as:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a serious issue and needs to be attended to. An established roof repair contractor can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and prevent water. A roofer can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Routine maintenance services will help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a hassle-free way to hire the best professionals for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier through our platform.