Find a roofer in White Post, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to consider. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this can really postpone the project. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist will be able to estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and do a fantastic job of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more expensive options. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are several things that will establish the total cost. Typically, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be calculated by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in White Post, Virginia
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services easy in White Post, Virginia. Our user-friendly site is easy to navigate, which means you can search through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We help with the vetting process by providing you useful information to detailed customer reviews, pricing information, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the right professional for your project.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required to keep their property in good condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Are you looking for roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Aside from leakage or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can warp or bend under pressure.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by an expert. Routine repair services will help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a hassle-free solution to hire the best contractors to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is made easier through our app.