Find a roofer in West McLean, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential spaces and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what time of year it is, you can get in touch with a professional for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a great time for these services, it can be a challenge to book time with a professional. This means that waiting later in the year could be an easier time for an appointment.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the winter, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather conditions. Summer is kind of like winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacements. While there's a chance it can still be wet and somewhat uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it provides security for your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your home. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, you could experience leaks in your home, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Because it’s such an essential component of your property, a well-maintained roof illustrates a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a strong, steady roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient house. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near West McLean, VirginiaHome // Virginia // West McLean
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near West McLean, VA
You can count on Thumbtack to make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services easy in West McLean, VA. Our streamlined platform is easy to navigate, so you can look through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the hiring process by giving you useful information to ratings, pricing information, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company here on Thumbtack and find the right professional for the job.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed to keep their property in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
For the most part you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing maintenance professional, but here are some other things to take into account:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a serious problem and requires immediate attention. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if they need to be replaced. If a patch of them are very discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
It's unnecessary to deal with a dilapidated roof when there are so many licensed contractors ready to assist. With our streamlined platform, you can get quality roofing repair and roofing replacement services in West McLean, VA. Find the perfect contractor for your house today.