Find a roofer in Virginia Beach, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
During which time of the year should I book an appointment for my roofing project?
Despite what season it is, you can call a roofing professional for roofing services. However, fall is the most popular time of year have your roof serviced. Since it is a good time for these services, it can be difficult to book time with a roofer. This is why waiting until winter could be a more convenient time to call a contractor.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the colder months, but you could be putting up with more severe weather. And summer is similar to winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. Even though the weather can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
What is the common rate per square foot that roofers charge?
Roofing services can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the labor and materials. Of course, the cost per square foot will vary with the products that are being used for your roof repairs.
What is the usual duration to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer really depends on the size of your roof, but there are also many other things to think about. The average roof for a house is around 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather forecast in Virginia Beach, Virginia. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this is going to delay the project. If a storm is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofer can estimate a timeline for the job.
At which point should I think about having an inspection done for my roof?
Many roofers suggest twice-yearly inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because routine check-ups are the best things to make your roof last longer. Something to think about is, by not having a roofing evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Virginia Beach, Virginia
When you need to hire a roofing maintenance contractor in Virginia Beach, Virginia, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing experts featured on our site have the experience you need for the job at hand. You can find the right candidate who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is provided and that you get total satisfaction on your roof replacement.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary so that their property stays in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? With the exception of having leaks or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs at once if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can lead to serious problems. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the problem and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles can help you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If a patch of them are very discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a hassle-free solution to hire the best contractors to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier through our app.