Find a roofer in Virginia Beach, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Repair & Replacement Professionals nearRoof Repair and Maintenance // Virginia // Virginia Beach
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What is the typical cost of replacement services from a roofer?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are a few factors that will influence the total cost. Commonly, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products being used. The price of your new roof will be determined by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof.
How much can it cost to fix the roof?
In relation to the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to handle minor stuff themselves, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re worried about your safety, then you should leave them to the professionals.
Major repairs call for specialized knowledge and they are going to be more expensive. You can expect major roofing repairs to range from $1,500 to $7,000.
What is the typical pricing per square foot for roof maintenance services?
Services for your roof can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the materials being used and the labor. Of course, the cost per square foot will differ with the products that are being used for the job.
What's the approximate time needed for constructing a new roof?
The time that is needed for a roofing contractor to do a replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors involved. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather report in Virginia Beach, VA. Storms will put a damper on work and this is going to extend the timeline. If a storm is expected to happen during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofer can come up with a timeline for the job.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Virginia Beach, VA
If you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Virginia Beach, VA, there's a convenient way to go about it. The roofing companies you'll discover on Thumbtack have the skills and qualifications you’re looking for. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is provided and that you get quality services on your roofing maintenance.
Our app also collects a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our database of qualified roofing companies.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Apart from having leaks or other glaring issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to worse issues. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
Find a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just getting your quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.