Find a roofer in Virginia Beach, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. If your roof is around this age, it’s a good idea to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what time of year it is, you can get a roof replacement. However, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. Since it is a popular time for these services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a professional. This is why waiting later in the year could be an easier time for an appointment.
A lot of roofing contractors have more down time during the winter, but you could be dealing with more erratic weather. Summer is kind of like winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacement services. Even though the weather can still be wet and slightly uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so essential is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire house. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, you could get leaks in your home, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Because it’s such an essential component of your property, a well-maintained roof illustrates a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a solid, stable roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
Roofing Maintenance Services in Virginia Beach, Virginia
If you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor in Virginia Beach, Virginia, then our platform is the answer. The roofing professionals you'll discover on our site have the experience you’re searching for. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is provided and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
Our platform also collects a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our database of vetted roofing companies.
For the most part you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but listed below are some other aspects to take into account:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can warp or bend over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles should be replaced by a professional. Routine inspections will also help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a hassle-free option to hire the right companies to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is streamlined through our platform.