Find a roofer in Vienna, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so fundamental for you is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire property. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could get leaks in your home, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Because it’s such an important component of your home, a roof in good condition demonstrates a reliable property. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a solid, stable roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is happy with an energy efficient property. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in Vienna, VA. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this is going to stall the project. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor will be able to come up with the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the probability of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential homes and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Vienna, VA
If you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Vienna, VA, there's no better way to go about it. The roofing contractors you'll discover on Thumbtack have the knowledge and experience you need for the job at hand. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is provided and that you get complete satisfaction on your roof replacement.
Our site also collects useful data to help you prior to sifting through our database of licensed roofing companies.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing maintenance professional, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance contractor will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Routine inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Find a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined process. When you’ve found the right fit, then it's just getting your quote and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.