Find a roofer in Victoria, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
When is inspecting my roof required?
Many roofing contractors advise getting biannual roof inspections, and the reason why is because regular inspections have been proven to make your roof last longer. Another thing to consider is, by not getting a roofing inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
At what cost does a roofer charge for replacement?
It’s hard to come up with a precise amount on how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are several factors that will determine the total cost. Mostly, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the products used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
What are the usual costs related to fixing a roof?
In the matter of the condition of your roof, you're either looking at minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to do the minor stuff on their own, but if you’re unsure of what to do or you’re worried about your safety, then you should contact a roofer.
Major repairs do require specialized knowledge and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
When should I schedule to get roofing services done?
No matter what time of year it is, you can get roofing services. However, fall is the most common time of year for any type of roofing service. But because it is a popular time for roofing services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a contractor. This means that winter could be a more convenient time for services.
Many roofing contractors have more down time during the colder months, but you could be putting up with more severe weather. Summer is sort of like winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and partially unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Victoria, VA
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing maintenance services easy in Victoria, VA. Our streamlined site gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can search through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the vetting process by providing you access to ratings, pricing, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the right professional for your project.
Our site also compiles useful data to help you prior to browsing through our database of licensed roofing companies.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? Aside from having leaks or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart choice.
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a serious issue and requires attention at once. A roofing repair company can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from doing more damage.
Find a contractor who can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.