Find a roofer in Unionville, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What's the timeframe for a roofer to build a new roof?
The amount of time that is needed for a roofing contractor to do a replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other things to think about. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather forecast in Unionville, Virginia. Bad weather will put a damper on work and this will push out the timeline. If this is going on during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofer is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofer can estimate a timeline for the job.
What is a good time for scheduling a roof inspection?
The majority of roofers advise getting twice-yearly inspections for your roof since regular check-ups are the best things to make your roof last longer. Another thing to think about is, by not having an inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
How do roofers generally charge for their services for a replacement?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are several things that will establish the total cost. Typically, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the materials being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be calculated by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
What is the expected expenditure for roof maintenance services?
In relation to the condition of your roof, your needs can be classified two ways: minor maintenance or major repair. A little bit of maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to do the minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of what to do or you’re worried about keeping safe, then you should leave those minor fixes to the professionals.
Any repairs that are major call for specialized knowledge and they are going to be more expensive. You can expect major roofing repairs to range from $1,500 to $7,000.
Roofing Maintenance Services near Unionville, Virginia
When you need to hire a roofing replacement or roofing repair company in Unionville, Virginia, there's a convenient way to find them. The roofing experts featured on Thumbtack have the knowledge and qualifications you’re searching for. You can find the right candidate who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get total satisfaction on your roof replacement.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required to keep their property in good condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? With the exception of having leaks or other glaring issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause worse problems. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you notice some of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.