Find a roofer in Unionville, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What is the right occasion to book an inspection for my roof?
Many roofing contractors recommend twice-yearly inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because regular inspections have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to think about is, by not having an evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
What should I anticipate to pay a roofer for a roof replacement?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a replacement is going to come out to because there are several things that will determine the overall cost. Mostly, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the materials being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
How much can it cost to repair the roof?
When it comes to the condition of your roof, your needs can be sorted into two categories: major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to handle minor stuff on their own, but if you’re unsure of what to do or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should reach out to a contractor.
Any repairs that are major do require specialized knowledge and they are going to cost more. You can anticipate your major roof repairs being in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
What is a good season for roofing projects?
Despite what time of year it is, you can contact a roofer for roofing services. However, fall is the most common time of year for any type of roofing service. Since it is a popular time for roofing services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a contractor. This is why waiting later in the year could be a better time to call a roofer.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of severe weather. And summer is similar to winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. While the weather can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Unionville, VA
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Unionville, VA. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing replacement contractor you’re interested in, get an estimate, and more all from one convenient app.
It's important to have a roof you can depend on for your house throughout any season. For a safe home with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing maintenance company, but here are some other things to consider about your roof:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and requires attention at once. An established roof repair contractor can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you notice a few of them are discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you an easy way to find the right companies for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is streamlined through our app.