Find a roofer in Unionville, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also get higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential properties and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a common time for these services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a contractor. This means that waiting later in the year could be an easier time to call a contractor.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the winter, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather conditions. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. While there's a chance it can still be wet and slightly uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so essential is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire house. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Since it’s such a fundamental part of your home, a roof in good condition demonstrates a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a solid, durable roof protecting it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Unionville, Virginia
You can look to Thumbtack to make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services easy in Unionville, Virginia. Our streamlined platform gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can look through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the hiring process by giving you access to ratings, pricing, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company here on Thumbtack and find the best candidate for the job.
Our platform also puts together a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our database of qualified roofing contractors.
Routine appointments can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to prolong the life of your roof. So, how can you tell it's necessary to get roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may notice certain things to look out for, including:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you know your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water. Contact a roofing maintenance company to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
Hire a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just getting your estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.