Find a roofer in Surry, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is the typical duration to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors involved. The typical roof for a house is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this can really postpone the project. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofing contractor can approximate a timeline for the project.
At what stage should I consider getting a roof inspection conducted?
Most roofers advise getting biannual roof inspections, and the reason why is because regular inspections have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to consider is, by not getting a roofing inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
What should I expect to pay a roofer for a roof replacement?
It’s challenging to come up with a precise amount on how much a replacement is going to come out to because there are several factors that will establish the overall cost. Mostly, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the materials used. The cost of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
How much can it cost to repair the roof?
When it comes to the condition of your roof, you're either looking at minor maintenance or major repair. A little bit of maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to handle minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of what to do or you’re worried about your safety, then you should contact an expert.
Major repairs do require the attention of a roofer and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Surry, Virginia
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services more convenient in Surry, Virginia. Our user-friendly platform gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can look through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the hiring process by providing you access to in-depth customer reviews, pricing, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company on the app and hire the best professional for your project.
Our platform also puts together useful data to help you prior to sifting through our database of vetted roofing contractors.
For the most part you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing maintenance contractor, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you think your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and needs to be attended to. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles will let you know if they need to be replaced. If you notice a few of them are discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with an easy way to hire the best contractors for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is made easier through our app.