Find a roofer in Staunton, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
How do roofing specialists typically charge for their services for a replacement?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a replacement is going to come out to since there are a few things that will influence the total cost. Generally, replacing your roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the materials being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
What is the approximate cost for fixing a rooftop?
When it comes to the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. A little bit of maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to handle minor stuff themselves, but if you’re not certain of what to do or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should leave those minor fixes to the professionals.
Major repairs call for the attention of a professional and they are going to cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
What is the typical rate per square foot that roofers charge?
Roofing services can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the labor and materials. Of course, the cost per square foot will vary with the products that are being used for the job.
What's the timeframe for a roofing contractor to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other things involved. The average roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in Staunton, Virginia. Bad weather will put a halt on work and this is going to delay the project. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roofing specialist can come up with the hours for the job.
Roofing Maintenance Services near Staunton, Virginia
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you hire roofing maintenance professionals in Staunton, Virginia. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing repair company want to hire, get an estimate, and more all from one convenient app.
Our platform also compiles a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our database of qualified roofing professionals.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing maintenance professional, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and requires to be attended to. An established roof repair company can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing maintenance an easy and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.