Find a roofer in Staunton, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to consider. The typical roof for a house is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Storms will make working conditions unpleasant and this can really postpone the job. If bad weather is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional can approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and do a fantastic job of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more pricier options. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can also buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential properties and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to know exactly how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are several things that will influence the overall cost. Typically, replacing your roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the materials used. The cost of your roof replacement will be calculated by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Staunton, Virginia
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you find roofing maintenance contractors in Staunton, Virginia. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance company want to hire, book an appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can count on throughout any season. For a secure home with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but here are some other aspects to take into account:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can warp or bend under pressure.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a hassle-free solution to find the right contractors to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined with our platform.