Find a roofer in Stanleytown, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to consider. The typical roof for a house is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a damper on work and this is going to delay the job. If bad weather is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional can come up with a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to come up with an exact amount on how much a roof replacement is going to cost you since there are a few things that will determine the overall cost. Commonly, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the products being used. The price of your roof replacement will be determined by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Roofing Maintenance Services near Stanleytown, VA
You can look to Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Stanleytown, VA. Our streamlined site gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can look through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the hiring process by providing you access to in-depth customer reviews, pricing, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company here on Thumbtack and find the best professional for the job.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on at any time during the year. For a safe home with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but here are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can lead to worse issues. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys and into your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Regular inspections will also help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a hassle-free solution to find the right professionals to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is made easier through our platform.