Find a roofer in Stanley, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What is the best season for roofing services?
Even though you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year for any type of roofing service. Since it is a popular time for roofing services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a contractor. This means that winter could be a better time to schedule.
Many roofers have more down time during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather. Summer is sort of like winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roofing services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and somewhat uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
What should I expect to pay per square foot for a roofer's services?
Roofing services can be around $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the roofing products being used and the labor. Needless to say, the cost factor will change depending on what materials are being used for the job.
What's the approximate time required for constructing a new roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to consider. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in Stanley, VA. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this can really postpone the job. If this is going on during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofer is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roofing professional will be able to come up with the hours for the project.
When is the best time to arrange for a roof inspection?
Most roofers recommend twice-yearly roof inspections since routine check-ups have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to consider is, by not having an evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Stanley, VA
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in Stanley, VA. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing maintenance company want to hire, get a quote, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our app also compiles useful data to help you before you start browsing through our database of vetted roofing companies.
Routine inspections can help you stay on top of any damage before it degrades any further and allows you to extend the life of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need a licensed, roofing repair and roofing replacement company to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, such as:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to worse issues. Quality roofing repairs will remediate the problem and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
It's unnecessary to deal with a dilapidated roof when there are so many licensed roofers ready to assist. With our powerful platform, you can find the finest roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Stanley, VA. Find the right contractor for your property right away.