Find a roofer in Stafford, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is the typical period of time for a roof rebuild?
The amount of time that is needed for a roofer to do a replacement is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to consider. The average roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this will extend the timeline. If bad weather is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofer is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofing professional can estimate the hours for the job.
When should I get a roof inspection?
The majority of roofers recommend twice-yearly inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because routine inspections have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to consider is, by not having a roofing inspection done, any warranty you have could be waived.
How much will a roofer charge for replacement?
It’s hard to know exactly how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are several things that will influence the total cost. Usually, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products used. The price of your roof replacement will be calculated by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
How much is a roofer's rate to maintain a roof top?
When it comes to the condition of your roof, your needs can be sorted two ways: minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to handle minor stuff on their own, but if you’re unsure of how to do them or you’re worried about keeping safe, then you should reach out to a contractor.
Major repairs call for experience and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Stafford, VA
If you need to hire a roofing replacement or roofing repair company in Stafford, VA, there's a convenient way to find them. The roofing experts you'll discover on our site have the experience you need for the job at hand. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is provided and that you get complete satisfaction on your roof replacement.
Our site also puts together useful data to help you prior to browsing through our network of licensed roofing professionals.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Apart from having leaks or other obvious concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical issue and needs immediate attention. An established roof repair contractor can fix the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a hassle-free way to find the right professionals to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is streamlined through our app.