Find a roofer in Springfield, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other factors involved. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather report in your area. Storms will make working conditions awful and this will extend the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to come up with the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and do a great job of protecting your property in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to cost you since there are several factors that will influence the overall cost. Mostly, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the products being used. The price of your roof replacement will be determined by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Springfield, VirginiaHome // Virginia // Springfield
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Springfield, VA
If you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Springfield, VA, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing contractors you'll discover on our site have the knowledge and experience you’re looking for. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is put in place and that you get complete satisfaction on your roofing repairs.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed to keep their property in good condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but here are some other things to consider about your roof:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause worse problems. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to let snow and rain stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar or roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a hassle-free option to find the right contractors to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is streamlined through our platform.