Find a roofer in Sparta, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The average roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this can really postpone the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a good idea to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to pinpoint exactly how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are several factors that will determine the overall cost. Commonly, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials being used. The price of your new roof will be determined by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Sparta, VA
When you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Sparta, VA, then our platform is the answer. The roofing contractors featured on Thumbtack have the knowledge and experience you’re searching for. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
Our app also compiles a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our database of vetted roofing companies.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair company, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from doing more damage.
Hire a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.