Find a roofer in South Boston, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The average roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in South Boston, Virginia. Poor weather will put a damper on work and this is going to push out the timeline. If a storm is expected to happen during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more expensive materials. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential homes and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to pinpoint exactly how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are several factors that will establish the total cost. Usually, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products being used. The price of your roof replacement will be determined by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
Roofing Maintenance Companies near South Boston, Virginia
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you find roofing maintenance contractors in South Boston, Virginia. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance company want to hire, get a quote, and more all from one convenient app.
Our app also compiles a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our database of licensed roofing companies.
For the most part you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing maintenance professional, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a serious problem and requires to be attended to. An established roof repair company can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair specialist will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and stop water penetration. A roofer can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with an easy solution to hire the best companies for roofing maintenance services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined through our platform.