Find a roofer in Smithfield, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What is the typical period of time for a roof rebuild?
The time it takes for a roofer to do a replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into account is the weather report in Smithfield, VA. Bad weather will make working conditions terrible and this can really stall the project. If this is going on during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofer is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roofing professional can approximate the hours for the project.
What is a good time for booking a roof inspection?
Many roofers recommend twice-yearly roof inspections since regular check-ups have been proven to make your roof last longer. Something to consider is, by not having a roofing evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
What should I expect to pay a roofer for a roof replacement?
It’s hard to pinpoint exactly how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are a few factors that will establish the overall cost. Commonly, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the products used. The price of your new roof will be determined by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof.
How much should I budget to fix my roof?
On the subject of the condition of your roof, your needs can be sorted two ways: minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to handle minor stuff on their own, but if you’re unsure of how to do them or you’re worried about your safety, then you should reach out to a contractor.
Any repairs that are major do require the attention of a roofer and they are going to be more expensive. You can anticipate your major repairs being in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Smithfield, VA
You can look to Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Smithfield, VA. Our user-friendly platform is easy to navigate, so you can look through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the hiring process by giving you access to in-depth customer reviews, pricing information, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance company on the app and find the right professional for your project.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on at any time during the year. For a secure house with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
Routine appointments can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you extend the life of your roof. So, how do you know when you need roofing maintenance services? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause worse issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will resolve the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
Hire a company that can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.