Find a roofer in Shawsville, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other things to consider. The average roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to stall the job. If a storm is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist will be able to estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the likelihood of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to pinpoint exactly how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are several things that will determine the total cost. Generally, replacing your roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials being used. The price of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Shawsville, Virginia
If you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Shawsville, Virginia, there's no easier way to find them. The roofing companies you'll discover on our site have the knowledge and experience you need for your project. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is put in place and that you get total satisfaction on your roofing maintenance.
Our platform also puts together a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our network of vetted roofing contractors.
Are you looking for roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Aside from leakage or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good choice.
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a serious issue and requires to be attended to. A roofing repair company can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles should be replaced by a professional. Routine repair services will help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
No one should deal with a run-down roof when there are so many professional roofers available to help. With our powerful app, you can find quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Shawsville, Virginia. Find the right contractor for your house right away.