Find a roofer in Shacklefords, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof is around this age, it’s a good choice to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what season it is, you can get a roof replacement. However, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a great time for a replacement, it can be difficult to schedule time with a professional. This means that winter could be an easier time for an appointment.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of severe weather. Summer is kind of like winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. While the weather can still be wet and partially unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so essential is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your home. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Since it’s such an important component of your property, a well-maintained roof illustrates a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a solid, durable roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Shacklefords, VA
When you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor in Shacklefords, VA, there's no better way to go about it. The roofing experts featured on Thumbtack have the experience you’re searching for. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is put in place and that you get total satisfaction on your roof replacement.
Our app also puts together useful data to help you before you start browsing through our network of vetted roofing contractors.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and allows you to prolong the life of your roof. So, how can you tell it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, such as:
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can cause serious problems. Quality roofing repairs will resolve the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you notice some of them are discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a hassle-free option to hire the best contractors for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is made easier with our platform.