Find a roofer in Saluda, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so essential is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire property. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, you could have some leaks in your home, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental component of your property, a well-maintained roof illustrates a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a solid, durable roof protecting it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to think about. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into account is the weather report in Saluda, VA. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this can really postpone the project. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the probability of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential homes and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Saluda, VA
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you connect with roofing maintenance professionals in Saluda, VA. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing maintenance contractor want to hire, schedule an appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
It's important to have a roof you can count on for your house at any time during the year. For a secure house with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but listed below are some other things to take into account:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a serious issue and requires attention immediately. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you notice some of them are discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Find someone who can make your roofing maintenance an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just requesting a estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.