Find a roofer in Saint Stephens Church, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it provides security for your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for your entire house. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Since it’s such an essential component of your property, a roof in good condition shows a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a strong, steady roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is happy with an energy efficient home. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to consider. The typical roof for a residential property is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in Saint Stephens Church, Virginia. Storms will put a damper on work and this can really stall the project. If bad weather is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement specialist will be able to come up with a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and do a fantastic job of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Saint Stephens Church, Virginia
When you need to hire a roofing maintenance company in Saint Stephens Church, Virginia, then our platform is the answer. The roofing companies featured on Thumbtack have the knowledge and qualifications you’re searching for. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is provided and that you get total satisfaction on your roofing maintenance.
It's crucial to have a roof you can rely on for your house throughout any season. For a safe home with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? With the exception of leakage or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you think your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires to be attended to. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you an easy solution to find the right companies to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier with our app.