Find a roofer in Rustburg, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to think about. The average roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in Rustburg, Virginia. Storms will make working conditions awful and this is going to postpone the project. If bad weather is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist will be able to approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and do a fantastic job of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential spaces and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to come up with precise amount on how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are several factors that will influence the total cost. Mostly, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products being used. The price of your new roof will be calculated by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Rustburg, Virginia
You can look to Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Rustburg, Virginia. Our streamlined platform is easy to navigate, so you can search through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We help with the hiring process by giving you access to in-depth customer reviews, pricing, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance company here on Thumbtack and find the right professional for the job.
Our platform also puts together a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our database of qualified roofing contractors.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and lets you extend the life of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get a professional, roofing maintenance contractor to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, such as:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and needs to be attended to. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
It's unnecessary to put up with a damaged roof when there are so many qualified contractors ready to help. With our easy-to-use app, you can get the best roofing maintenance services in Rustburg, Virginia. Get the premium roofing services you need for your property right away.