Find a roofer in Reston, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Reston, VirginiaRoofing // Virginia // Reston
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is the recommended timing for booking a roof inspection?
The majority of roofers advise getting biannual roof inspections, and the reason why is because regular inspections are the best things to make your roof last longer. Another thing to consider is, by not getting a roofing inspection done, any warranty you have could be waived.
What should I expect to pay a roofer for a roof replacement job?
It’s hard to know exactly how much a replacement is going to come out to since there are several factors that will influence the overall cost. Mostly, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the products used. The price of your new roof will be factored by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
What sort of prices are related to fixing a roof?
Concerning the condition of your roof, your needs can be sorted into two categories: minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to do the minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of how to do them or you’re concerned about your safety, then you should leave those minor fixes to the professionals.
Major repairs do require the attention of a professional and they are going to be more expensive. You can anticipate your major roof repairs being in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
When during the year is good for roofing services?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year have your roof serviced. But because it is a good time for roofing services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a professional. This is why waiting later in the year could be a more convenient time to schedule.
Many roofers are slow during the winter, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather. Summer is sort of like winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. While the weather can still be wet and slightly uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Reston, Virginia
You can count on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Reston, Virginia. Our streamlined platform gives you all the convenience you need, so you can search through various profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the vetting process by giving you useful information to in-depth customer reviews, pricing information, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company on the app and hire the best professional for the job.
Our platform also collects useful data to help you before you start browsing through our database of vetted roofing professionals.
Routine inspections can help you stay on top of any damage before it degrades any further and lets you prolong the lifespan of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause worse problems. Quality roofing repairs will resolve the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide top-notch repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you an easy solution to hire the best professionals for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is streamlined through our app.