Find a roofer in Portsmouth, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Repair & Replacement Professionals nearRoof Repair and Maintenance // Virginia // Portsmouth
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
When is the best time to arrange for my roof evaluated?
The majority of roofers suggest twice-yearly roof inspections since routine inspections have been proven to make your roof last longer. Something to think about is, by not getting a roofing evaluation done, any warranty you have could be voided.
What is the normal cost charged by roofing experts for a roof replacement job?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a replacement is going to come out to since there are a few things that will determine the overall cost. Usually, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the materials used. The price of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
What kind of prices are associated with fixing a roof?
In relation to the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. A little bit of maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to take care of minor stuff on their own, but if you’re unsure of what to do or you’re worried about keeping safe, then you should reach out to a contractor.
Major repairs do require specialized knowledge and they are going to be more expensive. You can anticipate your major roof repairs ranging between $1,500 to $7,000.
What is the best season for roofing projects?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year have your roof serviced. Since it is a common time for these services, it can be difficult to book time with a professional. This means that waiting later in the year could be a more convenient time to book.
Many roofers have more down time during the winter, but you could be putting up with more severe weather conditions. Summer is kind of like winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be putting up with high heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roofing services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and partially uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Portsmouth, VA
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Portsmouth, VA. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing replacement contractor you’re interested in, get a quote, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our platform also compiles useful data to help you before you start browsing through our database of vetted roofing professionals.
Routine checkups can help you keep up with any damage before it degrades any further and allows you to extend the life of your roof. So, how do you know when you need a professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain signs of wear such as:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to serious issues. Quality roofing repairs will remediate the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to let snow and rain stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Routine maintenance services will help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
It's unnecessary to deal with a dilapidated roof when there are so many licensed roofers available to assist. With our powerful platform, you can find quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Portsmouth, VA. Get the premium roofing maintenance services you need for your house now.