Find a roofer in Poquoson, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional can approximate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and do a fantastic job of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential houses and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to come up with precise amount on how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are several factors that will determine the overall cost. Generally, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials used. The price of your new roof will be determined by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Poquoson, VirginiaHome // Virginia // Poquoson
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Poquoson, Virginia
If you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Poquoson, Virginia, there's no easier way to go about it. The roofing professionals featured on our site have the knowledge and experience you need for your project. You can find the right candidate who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is provided and that you get quality services on your roofing maintenance.
Our site also collects useful data to help you before you start browsing through our network of licensed roofing companies.
Routine appointments can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and lets you prolong the life of your roof. So, how can you tell it's necessary to get a professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain signs of wear such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can warp or bend under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to let snow and rain flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Regular inspections will also help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you an easy way to find the right companies to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined through our app.