Find a roofer in Phenix, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions awful and this will push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential houses and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a good idea to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to pinpoint exactly how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are a few factors that will determine the total cost. Generally, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products used. The price of your roof replacement will be factored by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Phenix, Virginia
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you find roofing maintenance companies in Phenix, Virginia. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing maintenance contractor you’re interested in, book an appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? With the exception of having leaks or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofer can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a critical problem and needs to be attended to. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water. A roofing contractor can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles should be replaced by a roofer. Regular inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
It's unnecessary to put up with a run-down roof when there are so many professional contractors available to help. With our user-friendly platform, you can find quality roofing maintenance services in Phenix, Virginia. Find the right contractor for your house today.