Find a roofer in Pembroke, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and do a great job of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
However, asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can also get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a good time for these services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a contractor. This means that waiting until winter could be a more convenient time to call a contractor.
Many roofing companies have more down time during the winter, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather conditions. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be dealing with the heat.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacements. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and somewhat unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for your entire home. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could experience leaks in your home, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Because it’s such a fundamental part of your property, a well-maintained roof illustrates a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a strong, stable roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Maintenance Services in Pembroke, Virginia
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Pembroke, Virginia. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, get a quote, and more all from one convenient app.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can count on at any time during the year. For a secure house with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
Routine inspections can help you keep up with any damage before it degrades any further and lets you extend the life of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may notice certain signs of wear such as:
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can warp or bend over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, curled, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from doing more damage.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a convenient solution to find the best contractors to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined with our app.