Find a roofer in Painter, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire house. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, you could get leaks in your home, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Since it’s such an important part of your home, a roof in good condition illustrates a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a solid, stable roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient house. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to think about. The average roof for a house is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this can really postpone the job. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential properties and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Painter, VA
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing maintenance services more convenient in Painter, VA. Our streamlined site is easy to navigate, so you can look through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the hiring process by providing you useful information to detailed customer reviews, pricing information, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance company here on Thumbtack and find the best professional for the job.
Our site also collects a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our database of vetted roofing contractors.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? Apart from leakage or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a good choice.
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles should be replaced by a roofer. Regular inspections will also help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the right fit, then it's just getting your quote and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.