Find a roofer in Orlean, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for the rest of your property. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Since it’s such an important component of your home, a roof in good condition demonstrates a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a solid, stable roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other things to think about. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in Orlean, VA. Poor weather will make working conditions awful and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can also purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential spaces and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Orlean, VirginiaHome // Virginia // Orlean
Roofing Maintenance Services near Orlean, VA
You can depend on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Orlean, VA. Our user-friendly site is easy to navigate, which means you can search through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the vetting process by giving you access to ratings, pricing, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance company here on Thumbtack and find the best candidate for the job.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on throughout any season. For a secure house with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? With the exception of leakage or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can cause worse problems. Quality roofing repairs will resolve the issue and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a convenient option to find the best companies to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is made easier with our app.