Find a roofer in Norton, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What's the estimated time needed for constructing a replacement roof?
The time that is needed for a roofing contractor to do a replacement will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors involved. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in Norton, VA. Storms will put a stop to work and this is going to stall the project. If this is going on during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofer is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofer will be able to come up with a timeline for the project.
At which point should I think about having a roof inspection done?
Most roofing contractors recommend twice-yearly inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because regular inspections have been proven to make your roof last longer. Something to consider is, by not having an evaluation done, any warranty you have could be waived.
What is the usual price for replacement services from a roofer?
It’s challenging to come up with an exact amount on how much a replacement is going to cost you since there are several factors that will establish the total cost. Commonly, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the products used. The cost of your roof replacement will be calculated by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
What sort of prices are related to repairing a roof?
In relation to the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to do the minor stuff on their own, but if you’re unsure of what to do or you’re worried about keeping safe, then you should contact a roofer.
Any repairs that are major call for experience and they are going to be more expensive. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Norton, VA
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Norton, VA. Our streamlined app is easy to navigate, so you can search through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the vetting process by giving you useful information to detailed customer reviews, pricing, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the best candidate for the job.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you extend the life of your roof. So, how do you know when you need professional, roofing maintenance services? You may notice certain things to look out for, such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to worse problems. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the issue and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide first-rate repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
Hire a company that can make your roofing maintenance an easy process. When you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just getting your estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.