Find a roofer in Norfolk, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Repair & Replacement Professionals nearRoof Repair and Maintenance // Virginia // Norfolk
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What is a good time for booking a roof inspection?
The majority of roofers suggest biannual roof inspections, and the reason why is because routine inspections are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to think about is, by not having an inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
What should I expect to pay a roofing contractor for a roof replacement job?
It’s challenging to pinpoint exactly how much a replacement is going to come out to because there are several factors that will determine the overall cost. Generally, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the materials used. The price of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
What cost can be expected for roof repair services?
Concerning the condition of your roof, you're either looking at minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to take care of minor stuff on their own, but if you’re unsure of how to do them or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should contact a roofer.
Any repairs that are major do require specialized knowledge and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to range from $1,500 to $7,000.
At which time of the year should I schedule services with a roofer?
Even though you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year have your roof serviced. Since it is a popular time for these services, it can be difficult to book time with a roofer. This means that waiting until winter could be an easier time to schedule.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the winter, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and slightly uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Norfolk, Virginia
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Norfolk, Virginia. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing replacement company you’re interested in, get a quote, and pay all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary so that their property stays in good condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Are you looking for roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Apart from leakage or other obvious concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a good choice.
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you think your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and needs to be attended to. A roofing repair company can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide quality repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a hassle-free way to find the right companies to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is streamlined through our app.