Find a roofer in Newport, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential properties and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what season it is, you can get in touch with a contractor for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a common time for these services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a contractor. This means that waiting later in the year could be a better time to schedule.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacement services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and slightly uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your house. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Since it’s such an important part of your home, a well-maintained roof illustrates a reliable property. If you were to sell, a buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a solid, stable roof over it.
Finally, everyone is content with an energy efficient house. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
Roofing Maintenance Services in Newport, VA
You can rely on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Newport, VA. Our streamlined site is easy to navigate, which means you can look through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the vetting process by providing you access to ratings, pricing information, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor on the app and hire the best candidate for your project.
Our site also collects a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our database of licensed roofing companies.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but here are some other things to take into account:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a serious problem and needs attention at once. An established roof repair company can fix the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Regular maintenance services will help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a convenient way to hire the right companies to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined with our platform.