Find a roofer in New Castle, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
Which is the ideal season for roofing services?
Despite what season it is, you can get roofing services. However, fall is the most common time of year have your roof serviced. Since it is a good time for these services, it can be difficult to book time with a professional. This means that waiting until winter could be a more convenient time to call a roofer.
A lot of roofing contractors have more down time during the winter, but you could be putting up with more severe weather. And summer is similar to winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roofing services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and somewhat unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
What is the normal price roofers charge per square foot?
Roofing services can approximately $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the labor and materials. Of course, the cost per square foot will vary depending on what materials are being used for the job.
How long does it take to build a new roof?
The time it takes for a roofer to do a replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to think about. The typical roof for a residence is around 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this is going to delay the project. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofer is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofer will be able to come up with a timeline for the project.
What is a good time for scheduling a roof inspection?
The majority of roofers recommend biannual inspections for your roof since regular check-ups have been proven to make your roof last longer. Something to consider is, by not having a roofing inspection done, any warranty you have could be voided.
Roofing Maintenance Companies near New Castle, VA
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you connect with roofing maintenance professionals in New Castle, VA. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing replacement company want to hire, book an appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
It's important to have a roof you can count on for your house at any time during the year. For a safe house with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
Routine inspections can help you keep up with any damage before it degrades any further and lets you prolong the lifespan of your roof. How do you know when you need professional, roofing maintenance services? You may notice certain signs of wear such as:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a serious problem and needs immediate attention. A roofing repair company can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a hassle-free way to hire the right companies for roofing maintenance services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined through our app.