Find a roofer in Montross, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
When should I plan to get roofers come out?
No matter what season it is, you can call a roofing contractor for roofing services. However, fall is the most common time of year have your roof serviced. But because it is a great time for roofing services, it can be difficult to book time with a roofer. This means that waiting until winter could be an easier time to schedule.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of severe weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a bad time for roofing services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and somewhat uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
What is the customary price per square foot that roofers charge?
Roofing services can approximately $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the labor and materials. Needless to say, how expensive it will be will change with the products that are being used for the job.
What's the approximate time required for constructing a replacement roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor is dependent on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors involved. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to stall the project. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofer is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofing contractor can approximate a timeline for the project.
What is a good time for scheduling a roof inspection?
Most roofers advise getting biannual roof inspections, and the reason why is because routine check-ups have been proven to make your roof last longer. Something to think about is, by not getting an evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Montross, VA
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you hire roofing maintenance professionals in Montross, VA. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing repair company you’re interested in, schedule an appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our site also collects useful data to help you before you start browsing through our database of licensed roofing companies.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to extend the life of your roof. How can you tell it's necessary to get a professional, roofing maintenance company to come out to your home? You may notice certain signs of wear including:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofer can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and needs to be attended to. An established roof repair company can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and prevent water. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
It's unnecessary to put up with a dilapidated roof when there are so many licensed contractors ready to help. With our powerful platform, you can get quality roofing maintenance services in Montross, VA. Get the premium roofing services you need for your home right away.