Find a roofer in Montross, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
However, asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more expensive materials. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the probability of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for your entire property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what season it is, you can get your roof replaced. However, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a popular time for a replacement, it can be difficult to schedule time with a professional. This means that winter could be a more convenient time for services.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the colder months, but you could be dealing with more erratic weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be dealing with the heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. While there's a chance it can still be wet and partially uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so important is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for your entire house. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, you could have some leaks in your home, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental part of your property, a roof in good condition illustrates a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a solid, durable roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
Roofing Maintenance Services in Montross, Virginia
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Montross, Virginia. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing maintenance contractor want to hire, schedule an appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our platform also puts together a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our database of qualified roofing companies.
Are you looking for roofing replacement and roofing repair services? With the exception of having leaks or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a good choice.
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and requires to be attended to. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide first-rate repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
Hire someone who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined process. When you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just requesting a estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.