Find a roofer in Montebello, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors involved. The average roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into account is the weather forecast in Montebello, Virginia. Storms will put a damper on work and this is going to extend the timeline. If a storm is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor will be able to come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and do a great job of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to come up with precise amount on how much a roof replacement is going to come out to because there are a few factors that will determine the overall cost. Usually, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products used. The cost of your new roof will be factored by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Montebello, Virginia
You can count on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Montebello, Virginia. Our user-friendly platform gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can search through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We help with the hiring process by providing you useful information to ratings, pricing information, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company on the app and find the right professional for your project.
Our platform also puts together useful data to help you before you start browsing through our network of qualified roofing professionals.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Apart from leakage or other obvious concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause serious issues. Quality roofing repairs will remediate the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles should be replaced by an expert. Regular inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Hire a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just requesting a quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.