Find a roofer in Monroe, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also many other factors to consider. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into account is the weather report in Monroe, VA. Storms will put a stop to work and this will extend the timeline. If bad weather is expected to happen during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement specialist will be able to estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more expensive products. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to come up with an exact amount on how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are a few factors that will influence the total cost. Mostly, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the products being used. The price of your new roof will be calculated by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Monroe, VA
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you hire roofing maintenance companies in Monroe, VA. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance contractor want to hire, get an estimate, and pay all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? With the exception of leakage or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you think your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and needs attention at once. An established roof repair contractor can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide first-rate repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a hassle-free way to find the best professionals for roofing maintenance services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is made easier through our platform.