Find a roofer in Maidens, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
How long does it take for a roofer to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes for a roofing contractor to do a replacement really depends on the size of your roof, but there are also many other things to think about. The average roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather forecast in Maidens, VA. Storms will put a stop to work and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofer is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roofing professional can come up with the hours for the job.
At what moment should I think about having a roof inspection done?
Many roofing contractors advise getting biannual inspections for your roof since regular inspections are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to consider is, by not having an evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
What is the usual cost of replacement services from a roofing contractor?
It’s difficult to come up with a precise amount on how much a replacement is going to come out to because there are several things that will determine the total cost. Generally, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the products being used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
How much should I budget for roof maintenance?
When it comes to the condition of your roof, your needs can be sorted into two categories: minor maintenance or major repair. A little bit of maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to handle minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re worried about keeping safe, then you should reach out to a contractor.
Major repairs do require the attention of a professional and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Maidens, VA
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you connect with roofing maintenance companies in Maidens, VA. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing repair company want to hire, book a service appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
Our platform also compiles useful data to help you prior to browsing through our database of vetted roofing contractors.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? Apart from having leaks or other glaring issues, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to serious problems. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see that a few of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you an easy way to hire the best contractors for roofing maintenance services. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined through our app.